This is the part where you start to let everyone know about your new business. You can start to do this before opening your shop. Offer a sneak peek with a special gift/ discount. For example, the first 50 customers can get a free gift or a discount on their purchase. Make people excited and curious about your new shop.
Organic vs Paid Traffic
Paid traffic which obviously means you pay for advertising for your business, so you have visitors coming to your shop. This method might get you customers fast, only if done the right way.
Organic traffic means free visitors coming in your shop without paying advertisements. This is the traffic you should be aiming for. It’s free, but it takes time to get this type of traffic. It’ll get easier once you start to build relationships with other customers and you have good info from your business.
How to get Paid Traffic
You can pay advertising on social platform such as Facebook. The only difficulty is learning how to use it and following their rules so that your account is not banned. Other than that, great start.
I have never used this method. But google ads usually appear on google when someone is searching for something related at to what you are promoting. I would prefer to go for SEO instead, it’s organic traffic.
Social media influencers are people with the same niche as your business and have a lot of active followers. Unlike you, they might don’t sell a product or service. If you ask these people to promote your business or product for a certain fee, you might get some traffic super-fast. The downside might be high costs and learning to negotiate.
How to get Organic Traffic
Family and Friends
Tell your supportive friends and family to spread the word to others. Tell them to tell you their honest opinion about your business. They might be able to help see details you didn’t catch on. Or they might have someone interested in buying from your business.
Short for Search Engine Optimization. “SEO meaning involves making certain changes to your website design and content that makes your site more attractive to a search engine. You do this in hopes that the search engine will display your website as a top result on the search engine results page.”(https://www.lyfemarketing.com/blog/what-is-seo-and-how-it-works/) In other words, you’re using keywords to make your website appear on top of google searches. This makes people more likely to click on your site first.
Building your Brand
By that I mean be active on social media or other platforms. Be consistent with your posts. Make it useful for other people to learn something or to want to come back again. This takes time. Building a brand might take months to a year or two. Be patient. And don’t forget to build around your niche.
Always answer comments and questions. Comment on other pages related to your niche. Host your business on other pages or host others in your page. Build your trust with your customers. Write a blog, make YouTube videos or a podcast. Show your knowledge to your clients. Be willing to help. Build relationships with other business and customers.
- Not all these methods will work for every shop. For some people, Facebook ads don’t work. That was my case. I was doing ads on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. For some time, Pinterest worked. Then my traffic started coming more from Instagram because of the giveaways and communication.
- If you’ve been my previous post, I have mentioned before, to save up extra money 💰. This is where part of this money comes from. Don’t use it all in your ads, especially when you are not getting the results you want. Though use this information to track down your potential customers.
- This is the part where you are seeing who your actual customers are. Usually there is a traffic board in the platform you on. Use it to analyze your traffic. Social media has these features too. There is also Google Analytics connect this with your page.
- This is another learning curve. This takes time and patience. Learn to use advertising platforms, and how to attract your potential customers. Sometimes you might not get the results you want, but you learn from your experience. Meaning at times, you might not get any sale from your ads.
- I recommend always do your research. There are many wonderful blogs, YouTube, pages that will teach you how to advertise.
Marketing is very important for every business. It brings customers to the door and potential sales. There are many ways to advertise your business. But it’s up to you to decide the best way to advertise your store.
This concludes How to Start your own Business series. What do you think?
Do you have any questions or comments? Don’t hesitate to contact.